Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns depositing and/or sharing given web content on a server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a gaze at these. In that way, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you desire to own a web page, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some vendors, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a particular spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally incorrect interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between different stacks of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different webspace hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain companies provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share a great amount of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your mail aliases. Some companies provide web space hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to own as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to have a site. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At BlueHeavens, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for particular content exclusively.